The New Richmond water utility was established in 1892, the first well was dug in 1901 and abandoned in 1933. There are now 4 wells in operation. New Richmond's first water tower was destoyed by a tornado in 1890. There are now two water towers in operation.
Our water department has four employees and a meter reader that also works with the electric department. The water department is regulated by the Wisconsin Public Service Commission.
The Utilities' hardness of water is 14 graines per gallon/190 p.p.m. Other water facts:
- Flouride 1.1 p.p.m.
- Iron less than 1\10 p.p.m.
- Flow rate 1.5 million gallons per day
- Water pressure per square inch: Static 58 lbs. and Residual 55 lbs.
- Chlorine not added except on an emergency basis